Friday 13 March 2009

A couple of days to go...

Today, technically, is Saturday (but it only has been for 2 1/2 hours) and we leave for Austin on Tuesday. At this point I am barely able to contain my excitement. The air is starting to warm up here in Edinburgh, Spring is definitely in the air. But I looked on BBC weather today and learnt that the temperature in Texas next week is set to be in the early to mid twenties celcius. At night it gets as 'cold' as our days here are warm. Ohh yeah! I have got some sunglasses, and some miniature shampoo bottles. Small mercies eh!

Mikey has warned us that we shouldn't take too much stuff. Erm, I think I am going to have to bypass this request. I am going to take loads of clothes and there's no getting around it. Sorry Mikey.

We played our Trade Union gig on Monday night. It was also the leaving do for an employee of Cab Vol so the shots were free and plentiful. This was not really the good thing it would have been at any other time. In short, I have never played a gig having two shots of whiskey inside me, and it put me just past the level of alchol ingestion that i am comfortable with. I don't usually drink before a gig and this reminded me why!
It was a good gig though, lots of fun and dancing. Wolfjazz, one half of the fab duo who run Trade Union, has concocted a rather marvellous remix of Spinning Room, which you can find on that link above. Enjoy!



ooh, Mikey has a postscript. More useful bits to tell you:

Our song Both End Burning has been used in the T In The Park 2009 web advert thing...check out a version of it here: http://www.youtube.com/materialblog

Also, and a bit cheeky this one as its not entirely Come On Gang! business...sod it. Our good friend, favourite Greek and all round swell musician type Rob Howell has put a new song on his myspace with me (Mikey) lending a wee bit of guitar to it...check it out here (the particular song is 'Three Steps' and its an epic drum & bass classic): http://www.myspace.com/robhowell

Seriously, check out his stuff, he's ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment