Monday, 9 March 2009

Well the band went to London and a treat it surely was. Our trip to the American Embassy threw up queue company in the shape of Primal Scream, Graham Coxon, Jeffrey Archer and a few actresses who kept their heads buried in magazines; aside from this, i'd hazard a guess that around 55% of the queue was SxSW bound: you could tell this from the tightness of the jeans and largeness of the hair. It was all over much quicker than we thought, and once we were given leave to go, we collected our stuff from a nearby church (you're not allowed to take basically anything into the embassy, and the lovely old church built in 1793 was the only place that would look after our bags. I say look after - we left them behind a fire extinguisher and hoped for the best) and headed off into the London sunlight.
Trev and Mikey had to hotfoot it back up to Edinburgh for work. Luckily for me, I'm an art student, footloose and fancy free for the day and so I went off in search of adventure.
What I found was Primark, and it took rather too much of my overdraft. I knew this would happen. I have been spending too much money on clothes but I don't really know how to stop at the moment. Nothing short of backruptcy will give me the willpower to pass by a sequinned top. Ah well.
I stayed with Polly and Lottie, thanks for that dudes. Lottie is a graphic designer, find her work at . We went out to Ghetto and danced a bit. London nightlife can't really be explained properly until you're actually there: the incredible thought that people put into their appearance, which is great to see and very inspirational; the lingering sense of the massiveness of the city and a vague awareness of the grime and the need to keep an eye on your bag.. it's not always nice but it's absolutely never boring.
I woke up the next morning a little bit late, but considering that this was my first night's sleep in 3 days, I think that's fair enough. However, I got on a train headed for Glasgow at 1pm - for reasons not entirely well thought-out - meaning I arrived in Edinburgh at 7pm and late for the soundcheck for that night's gig with Everything Everything. . This band are brilliant. I could only watch in awe as they harmonised, laptopped and rocked out with a great sense of cameraderie. Superb!
I took some photos of these things as they were happening, and i'll put them up soon, when i find my camera cable.


No comments:

Post a Comment